Thursday, August 4, 2011

About Miss Frank

For the last 13 years I have been the computer teacher and building technology coordinator for Charlevoix Elementary School. Each week every class would come to me for an hour to learn about computers and to use computers to learn other things. I also helped troubleshoot the building's technology problems, maintained the district web pages, and led professional development to help teachers use technology in their classrooms. I am excited to try many of the techniques in my own classroom this year!

Before coming to CES, I taught third grade for two years at St. Patrick Parnell just outside of Ada, Michigan. I earned my master's degree and elementary teaching certificate from Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, where I student taught in a fourth grade classroom. I earned my bachelor's degree in economics from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. I am a graduate of Petoskey High School and my family has lived in the area since 1976.


My biggest interest is skiing and I have been a ski instructor at Nub's Nob since 1987. I just adore my Scottie dog, Gregor, and we try to take a walk every day. I am on the Charlevoix Council for the Arts, and through it, active in helping with the Charlevoix Waterfront Art Fair. I love reading and get some of the best recommendations from my students. For me, the highlight of every week is Sunday dinner with my parents, brothers, aunt, uncle, and cousins.

Although I am sad not to be teaching computers anymore, I am very excited to have my own class again and to be teaching fourth grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment